My Blog List

Monday 24 October 2016

#4 Marooned

No preamble again, straight in with the rod shots?

Alresford, Old number 5? Always thought of Alresford as an away water, even if only about 3 miles down the road. I remember my first trip there, old number 24. Shanus had been delegated live bait catching, either had  a few stickle backs from the  burnt down Church pond or his dad had let what else he had go in the fish pond. Bait was frozen in  a lump corn or some decaying old frozen gudgeon. I do remember trying to entice  a carp  with one of the gudgeon.

I 'd have been on the trout pellet paste or blackeyes here.


This must be Frating Bottom Pond, subtle difference  being homemade pepper pot monkeys not Gardner readymades.



This was from Frating Top pond, after a night on the Bottom Pond with Lobkin. Taken fair and square on half a rudd.


Ardleigh when the perch were the secret squirrel match target. Would have been 1st  day any method and I was whisked away having only just got in from being on the piss in Lord Lite's rush to get to the outfalls. These would have been on waggler and sprayed and sticky magged maggot..Lord Lite and Goozagig had drain pipe feeders. The perch a good 3+



This one came on feedered maggot a boat row across the ressie. They might be my Hutchie 12 footers


Old man dropped me off at Alresford in a right pea souper. Only fish of the day this big old fecker on half a herring and the full fly rod ensemble. My favoured snide rod tactic whilst I carped .


Marooned once more at Abberton this time, Old man's taillights disappearing up the hill when I realised all my dead baits were in his car still. Lobkin had two massive makkies. I had feck all, he had this 20.



A better day baitwise, one of our autumn jaunts to the Ton..no snag bars for us, simple laccie band over the rod and Optonic in a big blow.




Stalked this one out of the Ski Pit from the Tip Pit end. Had been lurking in the weed for a day or so, dropped  a bait on it's head and it took it like a chub takes a slug. Bish  bosh..

Match Pit in winter, my spiritual home.



Not sure how I had planned to land a fish over that ice...






















1 comment:

  1. Pure gold Wak. That Ardleigh perch was 3lb 5oz. How many glorious hours and days have spent fishing over the last forty plus years ? Hopefully plenty more to come.

    ReplyDelete