My Blog List

Tuesday 18 October 2016

#3 Reap what you sow

 I have started this without seeing where I got to  yesterday so I'll launch straight into the known.

Most unusually shaped Match Pit carp. And a Mitchell on the Fibatube. Most of them werer grown on Wilie types, up to 12lb max. Then some dumb feck stocked it with infected mirrors.


Paddy (Rory Mcellroy) Carlin with a lump from the Reeds.

We piked as well, this one I had twice (Keith)


Second time when the whole pit had frozen over. There will be a bike somewhere...we had another big freeze, the savage  wind keeping a small fringe off the Road bank ice free. I biked over, crippled by the cold. It took an age to get two rods in and I was so cold I was sick so I wound them back in and went home.

Warmer days in the Hot Spot, apricot maples. Look at the keks on that. I had 5 fish that evening






Winter again and the 12 ft parallel butt Conoflex's. Three flasks. Note the missing scales, a Dave mirror. As trolled just now on good ol' Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210772079926465&set=o.283227841733684&type=

Not the biggest Frating fish but the best Barney I ever had. A stone's throwaway from the Tartan House where Lord Lite, later of Thorrington strutted about in his perm and wearing that ghastly lip slug.

.

Yes that lip slug. Perm long gone. Cos he ain't got no hair. that's why he always wears a hat.


My work is done for the night!











No comments:

Post a Comment