My Blog List

Tuesday 13 December 2016

#12 Last days

I am not sure when it starts but it definitely finishes March the 14th  1991 with my last fish caught whilst domiciled in Devil Dog Land. Here goes then:

Slim autumn double from the Match Pit, during our waggler phase. Poly ball all the way now.




I have a black hat on my chub head. Bottom fish quite recognisable due to it's deformity



Stour, somewhere. Suffolk bank. Something defining about a border marker.


Standard fare. Dependable old chevin..


Snow caught Colne chub, on worm over red maggot..Sheepen Road stretch


Another Match Pit fish.

Mach pit dawn and dusk




Day out with Lobkin. I can remember it was freezing cold and he stood in dog shit. Some way up the Stour so a nice long journey back through a gridlocked Colchester.



Came late to fishing above Severn  Arches on the Colne. Stunning scenery looking back. One of Lord Lite's fave after dark winter venues after cold, clear days.




I was in my regal phase  at this point, As Lord Lite had it recently, from mohican to old boy countryman's hat. I do remember that day the smell of someone's line fresh laundry being put out from that farm. Still use that ET Tube today


Just got  a new flash gun and I was gonna use it ...

Stour fish.



Must be soaking up that classic Match Pit view thinking about the move up to North Norfolk...


Chosen spot for my last hurrah. Colchester North Station far right. Which I never have been.





You'ld think that the first post Devil Dog Land albums would be stuffed full of prime Wensum chub.......



















1 comment:

  1. Those black and white ones of the Stour look like Wormingford to me. The Seven Arches stretch of the Colne was like a Mr Crabtree river. So many good swims. The footbridge swim used to be stuffed full of dace too.

    ReplyDelete